Tuesday, May 25, 2004

#15.5 Tantalizing tidbits just to keep you hanging on

So you all liked the fairy tale, huh? I love that I can try out new writing styles here and you all just accept it, usually with open arms and praise. Not that you have much of a choice, you're kind of a captive audience (Bwah ha ha).

If you want to read more fairy tale type mush, visit The Column's Home on the Web at www.suntrails.blogspot.com to read "The Story of Sir - More or Less (or How I got a Free Vacation to Mississippi)."

That's right, a FREE vacation. How? Because Sir's parents are awesome. In 22 days I fly down south to visit Sir's high school and college home, see his mom again, swim in their pool, eat what apparently is the best Mexican food in Mississippi, drink at Sir's college bars and just generally laze about. I love vacations.

You know what else I love? The Timberwolves, Minnesota's NBA team. Especially when they are winning and putting all those doubters in LA to shame. But no more about that. Wouldn't want to jinx them. Go Wolves! Hooooooowl!

It's been so long since the last Column because I really just have nothing to write about. Except the vacation. Which is, at this moment, 23 days 21 hours and 6 minutes away. (Not that I'm counting.) And the fact that I get to go shopping for the vacation. My summer clothes are all (let me revel in this, I don't get to say it often) too big. By a lot. I was going to wash and wax my car the other day and went to put on the obligatory cut-offs one wears when one is a girl and washing a car, and I had to roll the waist over twice before they would even sort-of stay up.

So I need a new summer wardrobe. Unfortunately I can't afford a whole new wardrobe so a couple of pieces will have to do. And I suppose if I'm buying some new outfits, I'll have to buy some new shoes. (This just keeps getting better and better!)

Anyway. This is just a quick update to let you all know I'm alive and to promise you bigger and better Column's to come. (I have lots of stuff planned over the next couple of weekends... No. I'm not going to tell you that. Because it would ruin the surprise!) Now. Back to your much more interesting lives. Go on. Shoo.

|